Omaha Criminal Defense Attorney
John Kohl Has Experience As A County Attorney — Accept Nothing Less For Your Criminal Defense Needs
If you’ve been arrested and charged with a crime, you know it’s true: Few experiences could be worse.
Attorney John J. Kohl fights for his clients to see to it that these experiences are the worst ones they have to face. He does everything possible to keep them from facing jail time, hefty fines and a criminal record. Contact him to get an experienced lawyer on your side to help keep your record clean.
Mr. Kohl is a former elected county prosecutor. He understands the criminal justice system inside and out. His clients benefit from his experience because he knows how prosecutors strategize, meaning the cases they like to take to trial and which they are willing to negotiate on. This gives him an advantage over other lawyers because he can put his clients in the best possible position to avoid the worst consequences of a criminal charge.
Aggressive Legal Representation For All Crimes
From first DUI offenses to felony drug crimes, Mr. Kohl is ready to represent clients throughout eastern Nebraska when they need legal help. He defends clients facing all felony and misdemeanor charges, including:
- Driving under the influence (DUI or DWI), including repeat offenses
- Driving under a suspended license
- Motor vehicular homicide (vehicular manslaughter)
- Drug-related offenses, including:
- Possession, distribution or manufacturing of marijuana, methamphetamine, cocaine, prescription drugs
- Minor in possession
- Assault (first, second and third degree)
- Sexual assault (first and second degree)
- Assault on a police officer (resisting arrest)
- Domestic violence/protection orders
- Child abuse
- Child pornography and other Internet sex crimes
- Theft (misdemeanor and felony)
- Weapons and firearm charges
- Possession of a firearm by a felon
- Criminal impersonation/false ID
- Bad checks
- White collar crime
- Obstruction of justice
Regardless of the charge, Mr. Kohl builds a solid defense by gathering the available evidence and figuring out how the prosecution is going to strategize.
He will work to get charges dismissed or pursue a plea bargain with the prosecution. When a case has to go to trial, he takes the gloves off to get his clients acquitted of criminal charges.
Contact Douglas County DUI Defense Lawyer John J. Kohl Now To Get A Former County Attorney On Your Side
No matter the charges you are facing, Omaha criminal defense lawyer John J. Kohl is ready to use his years of experience on both sides of the criminal justice system to help you get your life back. Call his Omaha office at 402-498-4400, his Columbus office at 402-562-7759 or send him an email to schedule a consultation today.
Bienvenida la oportunidad de servirle a la comunidad hispana.